Sunday, March 4, 2012

Goals

I was reading this book about having weigh loss surgery called the Weight Loss Connection...It's pretty great. Lots of info on what to expect, how to tell people you're having surgery, recipes, and so much more. One of the things they suggest is making a list of things you want to do once you lose weight. I don't know why I never thought of this before.

I guess I should start by declaring a goal weight. I never talked about it with my Doctor. I looked it up online and it says a healthy body weight for my height (5'8") is somewhere in the range on 121-163. Thats a pretty big range. I can't imagine myself at 121 lbs...or 163 for that matter. That being said, I am going with 150 lbs. Now that I have a goal weight, here is a list of some of my other goals, in no particular order, which I'm sure I'll add to over time.

1. Run a 5k
2. Go kayaking
3. Weigh less than my boyfriend
4. Ride my bike to work
5. Take and exercise class at the gym
6. Learn how to cook healthy food
7. Ride a roller coaster
8. Have a baby ( wayyyy in the future:))
9. Buy cloths in regular sizes
10. Get a personal trainer

I think thats a good start..I know I am preobably missing a lot of obvious ones. But thats a start.

Sidenote: I just spent the last half hour trying on practically everything in my closet. I was VERY happen to find that lots of things that I haven't worn in a long time fit me again. A definite boost! I might do this every Sunday night:)

No comments:

Post a Comment